Neolithe Academy
Join Now!
Neolithe Academy
Join Now!
Neolithe Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here is where the members of the academy meet up and discuss topics

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» ! ! ! IMPORTANT ! ! !
Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:37 pm by redfox7

» What's being played at tournaments?
Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 8:58 pm by IrulewithLucas

» Weekdn Tournament 1
Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 4:19 pm by IrulewithLucas

» Character thread.
Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 9:50 pm by VXTank

» Testing Players
Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:02 pm by IrulewithLucas

» TND's testings
Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 7:48 pm by thenextdoor

» Creating/Joining a Team
Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 5:19 pm by IrulewithLucas

» Neolithe Dueling Academy Rules
Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 5:14 pm by IrulewithLucas

» New Duelist in the Obelisk
Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 pm by VXTank

» VXTank test...
Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:38 pm by thenextdoor

» xgunxsmokex test
Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 6:08 pm by IrulewithLucas

» TND's Random Video Store
Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 9:30 pm by IrulewithLucas

» I got banned
Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 8:15 pm by IrulewithLucas

» Thank you, why thank you! Pyro's GFX Showcase
Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:35 pm by PyroMaster2

» game on slifers
Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:53 am by powwow

Deck building tournament

Go down 
+3
IrulewithLucas
michael521
Gardas
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gardas

Deck building tournament Empty
PostSubject: Deck building tournament   Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 4:40 pm

I am thinking of holding a realistic tournament, this post is merely for interest. The idea is to build decks that an average player would have in real life. So either certain cards would be limited more or simply a price limit set on the deck. Any thoughts or comments
Back to top Go down
michael521

michael521

PostSubject: Re: Deck building tournament   Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 6:05 pm

Gardas wrote:
I am thinking of holding a realistic tournament, this post is merely for interest. The idea is to build decks that an average player would have in real life. So either certain cards would be limited more or simply a price limit set on the deck. Any thoughts or comments
that sounds good to me since in real life, my cards are horrible
Back to top Go down
IrulewithLucas
Level 3
IrulewithLucas

Character sheet
Name: Lucas Shutt
Level: Level 3

PostSubject: hmmmmmm   Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 6:28 pm

Could you explain it to me a bit more? Oh and you dont have to ask me man, you're a mod so you can schedule stuff yourself but i will do it for you if you want.
Back to top Go down
https://neolitheacademy.forumotion.com
Gardas

PostSubject: Re: Deck building tournament   Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 9:25 pm

I have a little problem with DN....because most people on DN build the absolute perfect deck, which doesn't translate very well to a casual player looking for some fun. And most of the decks you find on DN you won't find in reality unless you are at the top end of a high end tournament, at least with that perfection. So I am proposing a realistic deck building competion, I will probably ban some extremely expensive cards, but I am mainly going to go by price list of cards. The total deck you present for the tournament must be under a certain price. For example if you entire deck has to be under 100 bucks, well you might be able to run Gladiator Beasts well but not perfect as at my local shop test tigers run 35 bucks a piece. I think that it will force people to think and overall will make better deck builders and duelists out of our members as well as being fun.
Back to top Go down
IrulewithLucas
Level 3
IrulewithLucas

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Deck building tournament   Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 9:32 pm

Gardas wrote:
I have a little problem with DN....because most people on DN build the absolute perfect deck, which doesn't translate very well to a casual player looking for some fun. And most of the decks you find on DN you won't find in reality unless you are at the top end of a high end tournament, at least with that perfection. So I am proposing a realistic deck building competion, I will probably ban some extremely expensive cards, but I am mainly going to go by price list of cards. The total deck you present for the tournament must be under a certain price. For example if you entire deck has to be under 100 bucks, well you might be able to run Gladiator Beasts well but not perfect as at my local shop test tigers run 35 bucks a piece. I think that it will force people to think and overall will make better deck builders and duelists out of our members as well as being fun.
Ok cool, considering two of my decks on dn are mine in real life, I'll join in. When will the tournament be?
(p.s. You are so lucky there are no local shops where I live
Back to top Go down
Gardas

PostSubject: Re: Deck building tournament   Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 9:39 pm

Lol my local shop is about a 30 minute drive but...not sure yet as I don't have a reliable time frame for life at the moment. Once I know more I will actually draw up rules and link to a great area for price consulting
Back to top Go down
IrulewithLucas
Level 3
IrulewithLucas

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Deck building tournament   Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 9:43 pm

Gardas wrote:
Lol my local shop is about a 30 minute drive but...not sure yet as I don't have a reliable time frame for life at the moment. Once I know more I will actually draw up rules and link to a great area for price consulting
Ok just post it in the calendar along with rules when you're ready.
I think the closest " local" shop is like 4-8 hours away
Back to top Go down
Gardas

PostSubject: Re: Deck building tournament   Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 9:44 pm

you either live in the mountains of west virginia or in alaska? I am guessing
Back to top Go down
IrulewithLucas
Level 3
IrulewithLucas

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Deck building tournament   Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 9:51 pm

Gardas wrote:
you either live in the mountains of west virginia or in alaska? I am guessing
Close I live in Virginia, we have card shops (not very many) but none of them really support yugioh at all.
Back to top Go down
Gardas

PostSubject: Re: Deck building tournament   Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:02 pm

I am actually moving up to Virginia in a few weeks I live in north carolina
Back to top Go down
IrulewithLucas
Level 3
IrulewithLucas

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Deck building tournament   Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:31 pm

That's cool, do you know what part?
Back to top Go down
Dog

Dog

PostSubject: Re: Deck building tournament   Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:47 pm

What if I use my RL deck, I can provide proof Razz
Back to top Go down
IrulewithLucas
Level 3
IrulewithLucas

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Deck building tournament   Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 7:44 pm

My first deck on DN was my real life one. So dont feel too bad hahaha...ha.....
Back to top Go down
the_spirit

the_spirit

Character sheet
Name:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Deck building tournament   Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:17 pm

theres no local shop were i live either thats why i only have one deck irl (crystal beast)
Back to top Go down
RyuMOD

RyuMOD

Character sheet
Name:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Deck building tournament   Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 6:57 am

First of all I really think a tornament like this is really great. As for the sugestion of only using cards of a certain value, I'd like to recommend using TCGMarket as a way to compare the value of the cards. I just don't know what would be best: to place a restriction on the value of each card or the place a restriction on the avarage price of the of the deck. I think the previous would allow more flexibility (a player could use a more expansive card he really needed for the deck he wanted to use at the cost of having to use cheaper cards on the rest of the deck) but the other would be easier to know what could be used, what could not be.
Back to top Go down
Andrelima92

Andrelima92

Character sheet
Name:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Deck building tournament   Deck building tournament Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:03 am

you could just restrict some cards that are not banned ... due to its overpower
i think you could just put a price limit on the deck cuz itd be better ...the strategy would be left to the duelists...
when will it start btw
u should use a currency exchange euro-dollar cuz there are some european users
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deck building tournament   Deck building tournament Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deck building tournament
Page 1 of 1