Neolithe Academy
Join Now!
Neolithe Academy
Join Now!
Neolithe Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here is where the members of the academy meet up and discuss topics

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» ! ! ! IMPORTANT ! ! !
What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:37 pm by redfox7

» What's being played at tournaments?
What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 8:58 pm by IrulewithLucas

» Weekdn Tournament 1
What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 4:19 pm by IrulewithLucas

» Character thread.
What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 9:50 pm by VXTank

» Testing Players
What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:02 pm by IrulewithLucas

» TND's testings
What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 7:48 pm by thenextdoor

» Creating/Joining a Team
What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 5:19 pm by IrulewithLucas

» Neolithe Dueling Academy Rules
What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 5:14 pm by IrulewithLucas

» New Duelist in the Obelisk
What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:06 pm by VXTank

» VXTank test...
What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:38 pm by thenextdoor

» xgunxsmokex test
What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 6:08 pm by IrulewithLucas

» TND's Random Video Store
What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 9:30 pm by IrulewithLucas

» I got banned
What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 8:15 pm by IrulewithLucas

» Thank you, why thank you! Pyro's GFX Showcase
What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:35 pm by PyroMaster2

» game on slifers
What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 11:53 am by powwow

What's being played at tournaments?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lasagna409

What's being played at tournaments? Empty
PostSubject: What's being played at tournaments?   What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 7:06 pm

I dont really go to tournaments that much because i am always working. I AM planning to go to a regional on February 4th. what are the most popular decks that everyone sees being played? I am trying to plan out my side deck.
Back to top Go down
thenextdoor

thenextdoor

Character sheet
Name: Christian Candelier
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What's being played at tournaments?   What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:09 pm

Well for what i know, Master Hyperion/TG deck is one, Dark Worlds (like your friend right here), Lightsworms/Twilight, Dino Rabbit, Sychronetic, Anti-meta, and some otherts deck i don't remember.
Back to top Go down
RyuMOD

RyuMOD

Character sheet
Name:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What's being played at tournaments?   What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:16 am

You should also look out for Karakuri.
And it also seems that Twilight is being less used as of lately.
Back to top Go down
thenextdoor

thenextdoor

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What's being played at tournaments?   What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 1:54 pm

Karakuri was the one i was looking for
Back to top Go down
VXTank

VXTank

Character sheet
Name: VXTank
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What's being played at tournaments?   What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:50 pm

i went to a local tourny today besides the sneak peek i saw agents dark world Sad
1 six sam rabbit madness evolitile or whatever they're called synchs a ton of stall/exodia decks and alot of tech genus variations, but i'm the only one who runs the TG Pure build Smile
Back to top Go down
VXTank

VXTank

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: In your face Quasar   What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 11:46 pm

ok you guys gotta hear this story so i go to a local game shop for yugi tourneys on saterdays where im at and so i got to the finals in the tourny and my opponent ran synchrons and so the first 2 games were not that great but 3rd game which was the tie breaker was awesome he went first and summoned shooting quaser dragon and set his remaining card face down and then passed to me. i drew my card and my hand was [Dark Hole, Mst, One for one, Dandylion, T.G. Striker, T.G. Warwolf] so i used dark hole and quasar negated obviously then i mystical space typhooned his face down which was solemn warning (Go figure its spamed in almost every deck now) striker's special summon effect --> warwolf's summon effect synch for T.G. Hyper Librarian then one for one pitching dandy to the grave for spore and summoned 2 tokens synched for formula and draw 2 i drew [Synchro blast wave, Solemn Judgement] then spore removed dandy to summon itself and synch for 5 for a magical android and i drew [Monster Reborn] then delta acceled for T.G. Halberd Cannon then monster reborned my librarian. Next i used synchro blast wave to kill Shooting Quasar Dragon and of course he summoned Shooting Star Dragon Halberd attacked it but he negated the attack hyper librarian attacked for 2400 so [8000 me 5600 opponent] i set my solemn judgement and ended my turn shooting star's effect to summon itself back to the field activated but my halberd cannon said no :3 he drew a card and set it then my turn i attacked he mirror forced but i negated with solemn so i won.
Usually when i synchro halberd people say i'm a noob cause quasar's better but i just cant stop smiling that in the final round my halberd smashed quasar so it makes me feel better that i did what they said i couldn't Razz so i didn't mean to brag about the win i just needed to get it off my chest so thx for reading
Back to top Go down
RyuMOD

RyuMOD

Character sheet
Name:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What's being played at tournaments?   What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 9:14 am

You did well. Most people think that because a card is the most played it is invencible and don't even try to look at cards that can beat those.
Back to top Go down
VXTank

VXTank

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What's being played at tournaments?   What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 5:29 pm

well let that be a lesson to us all then any card has the potential to kick some a** and who cares if others say your a noob for runnin things the way you do. If it works for you then go for it. I feel like yugi now talkin about the cards lol but i'm not going into his many friend speeches Razz
Back to top Go down
thenextdoor

thenextdoor

Character sheet
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What's being played at tournaments?   What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 6:59 pm

LOL but good job saying that! Smile
Back to top Go down
IrulewithLucas
Level 3
IrulewithLucas

Character sheet
Name: Lucas Shutt
Level: Level 3

PostSubject: Re: What's being played at tournaments?   What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 8:58 pm

I have been in one tournament, and this was before I knew how to play competitively. I was the runner up to a lot of people's surprise too. I had 2-0'd all of my opponents and misplayed in the final losing 2-1. Since I wasn't competitive I just put together cards that I thought would just counter the commonly used good cards. Because it was a tournament people ran slot of meta decks and that helped me counter every move they made. All I am saying is try to make a counter deck so you don't fight with brawns, but with brains. Think of it like chess (which by the way I am indefeatable at) just think a few moves ahead, predict some moves and draws and make a strategy off of that. 90% of the time (if you put together the right kind of deck) your strategy will prevail. Make sure not to use cards too rashly though, if you are being stalled out by an effect, always make sure you counter those, that is what you need to use it on ( that is of course it will lead to fatality). Think of this whilst making a deck (defensive enough that it is offensive)
Back to top Go down
https://neolitheacademy.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's being played at tournaments?   What's being played at tournaments? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's being played at tournaments?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Neolithe Academy :: Discussion Topics :: Yu-gi-oh! Trading Card Game-
Jump to: